A recent Safari update may affect your experience on Hideout.co. For the best possible experience, we highly recommend watching on a different browser.
If you’d prefer to keep using Safari. We recommend you adjust Safari’s Auto-Play settings. Press the Learn More button below and follow our guide if you need help making these adjustments.
Important Notice for FireFox Users
A recent FireFox update may affect your experience on Hideout.co. To ensure the best possible experience, we recommend that you Allow the autoplay permissions for Hideout.co, which can be done by clicking the lock icon to the left of the URL. Press the Learn More button below for more information.
Are You Still There?
Recaptcha is required to continue
Please Unmute The Video Player To Continue Watching
Hideout.co - Vegan Egg and Bacon McMuffin
| Published: |
Loyalty Program Rewards
Certain Hideout.co features are currently unavailable in your location.
- Vegan Egg and Bacon McMuffin –
6 McMuffin sandwiches
I like most other Americans enjoyed egg McMuffins as a child and find them so iconic. Sometimes in high school I would treat myself to one in the morning on my way to school. This was a time when I was stressed from classes and extracurricular activities. Actually I was a bit of a health nut in my later high school years as I started my vegetarian journey but still found myself grabbing a McMuffin from McDonald’s once in awhile. Anyways this is a vegan version that is a little more sophisticated than the fast food kind and I would highly recommend you try it out! I even paired it with hash browns to make it a complete meal! If you are a vegan trying to impress an avid carnivore, try serving them this recipe! You can replace the spinach with cheese so the sandwich is more true to the original McMuffin from McDonald’s.
- 1 package of 6 English muffins (I used Dave’s Killer Bread Organic ones)
- 10-12 tbsps butter (I used butter generously but feel free to adjust to your liking!)
- 2 14oz. blocks of firm tofu
- 3 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 2 tsps turmeric powder
- 2 tsps kala namak
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 pieces of meatless bacon (I used the Sweet Earth Benevolent Bacon)
- 6 meatless sausages (I used the Trader Joe’s meatless sausage)
- 1&1/2 cups spinach
- 1 toothpick
- 6 hash brown patties (I used the Trader Joe’s brand)
- ketchup for serving
1) After you remove one block of tofu from its package, lay it on a cutting board lengthwise where one of the largest sides is touching the board. Use the toothpick to draw a circle and carve out a circle with a knife. Then discard the extra tofu pieces.
2) Carefully slice this into 3 even circular pieces. These will be the fried eggs in the McMuffins. Repeat this process with the other block of tofu.
3) Wilt the spinach with 2 tablespoons of butter and set aside.
4) In the same pan cook three tofu eggs with 1-2 tablespoons of butter for 7 minutes on low heat. Flip halfway through. Do this for the other three tofu eggs for a total of six.
5) Cook 6 pieces of bacon according to the instructions with 2 tablespoons of butter.
6) Cook 6 pieces of sausage with 3-4 tablespoons of butter according to the instructions.
7) Toast the English muffins and assemble the McMuffin sandwiches. Start off with one egg on the bottom, then one sausage patty, one piece of bacon, some spinach and the other muffin half on the very top.
I served these with hash browns. I used some twine to wrap up parchment paper around the hash browns. This reminds me of the sleeves hash browns are served in at McDonald’s but this look more sophisticated! Serve this breakfast with ketchup and enjoy!
You can find the items needed to make this recipe at my Amazon store: https://www.amazon.com/shop/countcolorsnotcalories
The links to all my social media channels are here: https://hideout.tv/userchannel/countcolorsnotcalories
Please contact me on Instagram for business inquires: https://www.instagram.com/countcolorsnotcalories/